Search Hoppa's Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A joyous time of giving thanks, and family, to you all

Evening. It's been a long day. Holidays suck in the profession I'm in. Very busy and people, by in large, are rude, crass, horrible to deal with, and stupid. That being said, when I have a quiet moment, I still reflect on the blessings in my life and thank God above for each one. First of all, Jesus Christ came to this earth, suffered, bled, and died...all for me. I think more folks should take this kind of ownership of that fact. Sure we've all heard in church that he did all that for all of us, but it wasn't until I took ownership of it that it really hit me. Jesus did that for ME. Think about it. Take ownership of that. What a gift! I have the greatest wife a man could ask for, and she still puts up with me...go figure. I love you, baby. I have a mother and family who are second to none, and I love them all so much. I am who I am because of Mrs. H and my family. I have some really great friends, and all of you are special to me, but one stands apart. Dock, we love you, buddy. Your friendship means a lot to both of us. Sometimes I forget to be, but I am thankful to have a job. There are many without right now. I have a nice home that's warm in winter-cool in summer, and I'm still trying to become a successful internet business owner/operator, which has not, as yet, been very fruitful, but I still believe it can be with more work. I'm also very thankful for the opportunity to try, every day that I'm blessed with, to be good to others. Not much of that going on these days. I pray that will change. Anyway, there a far more things to mention, but I'd need more time than I have. Again, think about that first one as you give thanks. I think if more people did that, there'd be far less evil in the world. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for all the blessings you give to all of us, but most of all for the gift of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior. In His holy name...Amen. God bless, geek on, and Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Dock said...

Both of you are outstanding. The true privilege in these friendships from my vantage point is that I can call y'all friends. Gosh, the props are great, but your empowerment concerning Christ is most awesome. TYVM. Truly, you make an old heart suffer much less.

Dock said...

SWTOR rocks!!!!!!